Pathfinder School Classes
Dave Canterbury and The Pathfinder School prepare you for the unexpected with practical woodland exercises as well as classroom type training. Combining decades of outdoor self-reliance knowledge and primitive skills experience, our staff is made up of an array of talent and mastery. The certified pathfinder school instructors are highly trained in the skills and methodology of the pathfinder system. Anybody other than a certified pathfinder instructor is neither endorsed by the pathfinder school nor qualified to teach the pathfinder system.
From basic to advanced, The Pathfinder School equips you with outdoor self-reliance skills that can be utilized in various environments and implemented in most any region worldwide. From simple fire building to in depth training in tracking and trapping, The Pathfinder School is your source for outdoor self-sustainability. Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Basic Class expectations
This class is not a weekend campout it is a skill learning and task application of the skills taught. You must complete the tasks and demonstrate competence of each to graduate.
1. Arrive at meet point at 8AM first day and convoy to class site.
2. You should bring all of the equipment listed on the pack list. You will need each item during the training and you cannot depend on others to have extra equipment.
3. Meet as group to get safety instructions and fill out paperwork.
4. Take your equipment to class site about 1/4 mile from parking and set up camp.
5. You will be assigned a partner which you will work with during the class.
6. Small groups of partners will be assigned an instructor to assist and grade you on how well you and your partner perform assigned skills.
7. There will be lecture sessions explaining each new skill and its importance given by Dave and/or other instructors. You should take notes in each session as there will be a written test on the last day covering all subjects taught.
8. Your team will practice and demonstrate proficiency of each skill taught after the lecture and many times during the class. Expect this to be fun but very challenging.
9. You will build your skills the entire weekend ending with a challenge which will use all you have learned.
10. You will need to be proficient in all of the skills taught in each level of classes to succeed in the next level as the students in that class should not have to wait for you to learn a skill they already possess. Each class is packed with new skills and time is allotted for you to learn each not to learn skills you are expected to already know.
PATHFINDER (ADVANCED SCOUT) CLASS »
October 24th - 28th, 2014
BASIC SURVIVAL CLASS »
March 7th - 9th, 2014
April 12th - 14th, 2014
May 9th - 11th, 2014
July 18th - 20th, 2014
August 29th - 31st 2014
ADVANCED CLASS »
March 21st - 25th,2014
September 26th - 30th, 2014
TRAPPING CLASSES »
November 2014 - DATES TBA
INTERMEDIATE (PIONEER) SURVIVAL CLASS »
April 24th - 27th, 2014
August 1st - 4th, 2014
COURSES ON DVD »
The cost of this class may vary if the class is held at another location other than the Pathfinder School Property in Jackson, Ohio. Classes held at satellite locations may be accessed a slightly higher fee based on the location. Any price increases & satellite locations will be listed for that class when registering.